Compliance and Policy Officer
Company: The Zinc Group Limited
Job Title: Compliance and Policy Officer
Location: Glasgow City Centre
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Holiday Entitlement: 26 days + 4 bank holidays
Who we are
The Zinc Group are an award-winning financial services company. We are currently recruiting a Compliance and Policy Officer to join our ever-expanding operation.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance, the main role and responsibilities of our Compliance and Policy Officer includes:
- Undertaking compliance monitoring to include Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Office of Communication (OFCOM) regulations, along with any other regulatory matters as they arise;
- Escalating any serious concerns to the Department Head whilst maintaining in-depth knowledge of regulatory standards, taking into account changes in regulations and legislation;
- Identifying any areas of operational risk/compliance failure within the business and working with management to develop action plans to rectify these failures;
- Conducting thematic reviews of business activity to provide assurance to divisional areas that activity remains compliant and fit for purpose;
- Engaging proactively with business managers to influence timely and effective remedial action in response to the outcome of compliance monitoring activity;
- Producing and maintaining effective management information both internally and externally;
- Answering compliance monitoring queries from across the company;
- Keeping up to date with relevant regulatory changes, along with internal business developments to ensure that all compliance monitoring activities remain valid;
- Identifying any emerging trends and escalating these appropriately;
- Conducting periodic policy reviews in line with our business’ Policy Framework;
- Developing and releasing policies, policy guidance and training;
- Co-ordinating policy strategy development and building relationships with policy owners to deliver effective policies, which work from a business and a resilience point of view;
- Overseeing the risk management system for the organisation;
- Overseeing the change management system within the organisation.
What we can offer you
In return our company can offer you the opportunity to work in a fast-paced and supportive environment with comprehensive and ongoing training. We offer the opportunity for progression and a career path to applicants who are enthusiastic with a positive attitude. In addition to your salary we also offer a refer a friend scheme (earn £250 for each person you refer), fantastic development opportunities and a holiday entitlement of 26 days, plus 4 bank holidays.
How to apply
If you are interested in the role please send your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.