Internal Audit Officer
The Zinc Group Ltd. is looking to hire an Internal Audit Officer. Reporting directly to senior management you will take responsibility for delivering a number of reviews and projects across the business, as well as the company’s third party suppliers. This organisation is head quartered in Glasgow, but may involve periodic travel to our office in Stratford, as well as supplier sites.
This is an exciting opportunity to continue your career in internal audit within a growing organisation. You will need to be willing to get involved in a variety of different projects throughout the business and will have an appetite for continued learning and development. You will gain exposure to operational, financial, IT and compliance reviews as well as project assurance and ad hoc investigations. You will lead audits and submit your findings and recommendations to the Board and senior management.
The role will involve:
- Conducting audits and special investigations, in line with the annual Audit Plan
- Identifying control weaknesses and opportunities for control improvement, providing appropriate findings to a high standard
- Delivering high quality reports of the results of completed audits to management through excellent verbal and written communications
- Undertake any other duties commensurate to this role as may be required from time to time
- Conducting audit interviews.
- Preparing and presentation of audit reports with clear findings and recommendations
- Conducting follow-ups to actions recommended to implement
- Retaining information on all audits conduction, issues raised and the status of management actions
Experience in either external audit or internal audit work is essential. You should have a good understanding of audit principles, methods and techniques. You should also be IT literate and capable of conducting thorough, detailed investigations and evaluations of systems and procedures. You should also be able to work independently.
Due to the level of stakeholder engagement you will need to demonstrate your ability to communicate effectively and influence others.
The salary for this role is competitive and dependent upon experience. If you are interested in the role please send your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.