Complaints and Compliance Officer
Company: The Zinc Group Limited
Job Title: Complaints and Compliance Officer
Location: Glasgow City Centre
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Holiday Entitlement: 26 days + 4 bank holidays
Who we are
The Zinc Group are an award winning financial services company. We are currently recruiting a Complaints and Compliance Officer to join our ever-expanding operation.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance, the main role and responsibilities of our Complaints and Compliance Officer includes:
- Undertaking compliance monitoring to include Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), General Data Protection Act (GDPA) and Office of Communication (OFCOM) along with any other regulatory matters as they arise;
- Escalating any serious concerns to the Department Head, maintaining in-depth knowledge of regulatory standards taking into account changes in regulation and legislation;
- Identifying any areas of operational risk/compliance failure within the business, working with management to develop action plans to rectify these failures;
- Conducting thematic reviews of business activity to provide assurance to divisional areas that activity remains compliant and fit for purpose;
- Engaging proactively with business managers to influence timely and effective remedial action in response to the outcome of compliance monitoring activity;
- Producing and maintaining effective management information both internally and externally, in particular, monthly quality performance metrics and Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) dashboards;
- Supporting the Department Head in contributing to the continuous improvement and development of the compliance monitoring function;
- Answering compliance monitoring queries from across the company;
- Encouraging a positive compliant culture within the business through effective communication with business managers;
- Keeping up to date with relevant regulatory changes, along with internal business developments to ensure that all compliance monitoring activities remain valid;
- Provide assistance to other colleagues within the department as and when required;
- Complaints handling to ensure customers are treated in a fair and consistent manner, taking ownership of individual cases and resolve satisfactorily and in accordance with the legal and regulatory requirements;
- Ensuring all complaints are thoroughly and impartially investigated, ensuring that they are resolved with an excellent customer experience and a fair outcome for the customer is achieved;
- Regular updating of the complaints database;
- Making recommendations on how to improve the customer experience to the management team;
- Ensuring that complaint reports are delivered to clients within the correct timeframes;
- Identifying any emerging trends and escalating these appropriately.
What we can offer you
In return our company can offer you the opportunity to work in a fast-paced and supportive environment with comprehensive and ongoing training. We offer the opportunity for progression and a career path to applicants who are enthusiastic with a positive attitude. In addition to your salary we also offer a refer a friend scheme (earn £250 for each person you refer), fantastic development opportunities and a holiday entitlement of 26 days, plus 4 bank holidays.
How to apply
If you are interested in the role please send your up to date CV to email@example.com.